* Do Not shampoo your hair for at least 48 hours after extensions have been applied to allow the bond to adhede to your hair
* Shampoo and condition your hair at least once a week
* Shampoo should be applied and smoothed down the hair (not rubbed) then allow the water to be rinsed down the hair - rinse thoroughly
* With BONITA HAIR EXTENSIONS we have tested washing with many shampoos so it is not necessary to spend excessive amount of money on "Hair Extension Products"! The quality of our hair is outstanding and therefore can be treated like your own.
DRYING YOUR HAIR
* Do not towel dry the hair with a scrubbing motion. Instead, use a blotting motion and wrap your hair in a towel to remove excess moisture
* Always blow dry your hair on a cool/warm temperature
* Extensions will dry with a wavy effect if left to dry naturally
* Use an extension brush specially designed for hair extensions, either a bristle brush or a loop brush either of these are suitable for brushing your hair as they don't get caught on the bonds when brushing and prevents putting unneccesary strain on your own hair.
* DO NOT BRUSH HAIR WHEN WET as the hair is weak when wet
* Holding small sections of hair gently brush from the end of the hair and work your way up to the root, but not brushing the bond itself (just below the bond)
* Do not comb between the scalp and the bond. On a regular basis, separate the bonds up to the roots with your fingers to prevent matting
of the growth from the root to the bond as it moves down with your hair growth
STYLING & FINISHING
* Styling products can only be applied to the lengths and ends of your hair and not the bond itself.
* Straightners, tongs and heated rollers can be used (low heat setting), however, they must be kept away from the bond area or this will damage or weaken the bonds
EXERCISE & LIFESTYLE
* Extensions suit most lifestyles, however be mindful in the following circumstances which may affect the lifespan of your bonds, or in fact, cause them to breakdown:
* Regular swimming, particularly in sea water and chlorinated water
* Regular sauna or steam room use
* Excessive aerobic activity
* After these activities shampoo, condition and rinse the hair thoroughly to restore your hair and scalp to its natural pH balance.
* Remember to always tie your hair back before any sport where hair could get caught.
It is important to have a maintenance visit every 4-5 weeks so extensions can be worn for the longest possible time. During the maintenance visit your extensions will be checked and any damaged or worn bonds will be removed and replaced and a "top up" if necessary. Keeping up your maintenance regularly will keep the cost down for you and extend the life of your fabulous new locks!
Please do not attempt to remove any of the extensions yourself, they must be removed by a professional extensionist.